Friday, February 8, 2008

Cheers to beginnings!

I will be honest in saying that I have been postponing this first blog for several days now. Writing about myself is not exactly my 1st choice in activities, but for you to understand me as a photographer (which IS my 1st choice!) you'll have to know a little bit about how photography became such a big part of my life.

Starting out in college I never would have dreamed that I would end up where I am at now. I started in Forensics, then business, nursing, and then evetually to photography. During school I took a photography class as an elective and was instantly consumed by the art. I worked as a staff photographer for the Ferris State Torch for two semesters before tranferring. I finally finished my Associates in Fine Art Photography in 2005 and began working on my own.

Shortly after I finished school I decided to buy my own home, which unfortunately caused me to keep my other job and focused less on what I love doing. Since school I have continued to work closely with several of my colleagues that I graduated with but have not focused as much on branching out on my own as I had hope for. Although I love working with all the talented photographers that I have been blessed to work with I have found that I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to take my business to the next step. Nomatter what job I might be working at, photography will always be my career. I couldn't be happier working, than when I'm out shooting. Whether it be brides or babies, Pin-ups or fine art, photography will always be a huge part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment